Aster is a high-performance propagation model for Atoll that supports macro, micro, and small cell urban propagation scenarios.
Aster also includes a dedicated mmWave propagation model for 5G frequencies above 6GHz.
Aster is based on advanced ray-tracing propagation techniques and combines high accuracy with superior calculation speed.
- Support for all radio access technologies (5G NR, LTE, UMTS, GSM, …)
- Support for frequencies below and above 6GHz including mmWave
- Support for all types of cells with pre-configured and user-defined parameters: macro, micro, and small cells
- Support for all types of propagation environments: rural, suburban, urban, dense urban
- Vertical diffraction over roof-tops
- Horizontal diffraction/reflection based on ray-launching
- Ray-tracing calculation on raster data as well as on vector building data
High-Frequency Propagation Modelling
- Vegetation: diffraction & through loss
- Atmospheric absorption
- Rain attenuation
- LoS propagation at different heights
- Diffraction, specular reflections
Configuration & Calibration
- Support of multi-threading and distributed computing
- Automatic calibration using CW measurements